Dive list

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Oct 8 06:22:24 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-08 at 09:40 +0200, Robert Helling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry I was not available on IRC last night. Latest master does compile for me out of the box and also gets the profile right (no integer meters).
>
> However, I noticed some oddities with the dive list:
>
> It doesn't get the date right:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxqqmsck9xqu90c/Screenshot%202013-10-08%2009.10.38.png

Oops. That's not the build system. I must have broken that when ripping
out glib/gtk pieces.
Kind of funny that I ran Subsurface dozens of time tracking down other
stuff and never noticed.

> and when I move around with the mouse and fold/unfold some trips, I can
> even get to a state where its seems to show format strings directly
> (that goes away after about a second and goes back to the state above):
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/26edrnfje24i3xk/Screenshot%202013-10-08%2009.09.36.png
>
> Unfortunately, this behavior is not really reproducible.

I'll need to bisect this and figure out how exactly I managed that. I'm
thinking that it's the translation subsystem changes, but I'm not quite
sure.

> As far as I can tell this is not locale related (I run by default under
> the de.DE.UTF-8 but currently that does not have much of an effect on
> subsurface as the UI is in English and also numbers and dates are
> displayed in English formatting). I have tried setting the locale to
> en.US but that has no effect on the problem above.

Yep, it happens here as well.