qmake-based buildsystem

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Tue Oct 8 09:36:53 UTC 2013

On terça-feira, 8 de outubro de 2013 09:22:05, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Is there a way to ask for the user to configure those if they can't be
> detected?

Only by failing to compile.

qmake isn't made for detection. It's made for declaring what you want.

In Qt 5, there are a few detection mechanisms. It's possible to tell qmake to
run qmake on another project and report whether that passed or failed. Now, I
could look at whether backporting the feature is possible -- that is, if it
comes mostly from qmake scripts as opposed to changes in the tool's own source
code. But I'd rather not spend time on that.

As a stopgap solution, we could use something like:

!system("$$QMAKE_C -c conftest-libzip.c") : error("Can't find libzip!")
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358