qmake-based buildsystem

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 10:27:02 UTC 2013

On 8 October 2013 18:47, Thiago Macieira <thiago at macieira.org> wrote:
> On terça-feira, 8 de outubro de 2013 18:29:07, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>> my current issue is the lack of xml2-config, xslt-config scripts on
>> Windows. i think they don't provide them for win32
>> i've tried writing !bin/sh scripts with no extensions, but it seems
>> qmake $$system() still does not find them or i may have to put them in
>> PATH first.
>
> We can just skip detection on Windows and instead require you to pass the
> right INCLUDEPATH and LIBS variables.

might not be a bad idea given the lack of .pc (pkg-config) files which
one has to write or edit manually as libraries simply don't have them
or even if there are .pc files they don't have a consistent path.
there is this new apt-get like packet manager tool for win32 named
chocolay (http://chocolatey.org), but from what i can gather it mostly
targets end users and not developers.

i would "win32 branch" in -configure.pre and simply skip all
pkg-config and hardcode a bunch of variables in there, if suitable. i
was doing exactly that for the native win32 custom Makefile.

LIB_DIR = /lib
LDIVE_DIR = $(LIB_DIR)/libdivecomputer
LXSLT_DIR = $(LIB_DIR)/libxslt
LDIVE_INC = -I$(LDIVE_DIR)/include/
LXSLT_INC = -I$(LXSLT_DIR)/include/
LDIVE_LIB = -L$(LDIVE_DIR)/lib/ -ldivecomputer-0
LXSLT_LIB = -L$(LXSLT_DIR)/lib/ -lxslt-1

again, not sure if suitable over pkg-config.

lubomir