qmake-based buildsystem

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Tue Oct 8 18:40:16 UTC 2013

On domingo, 6 de outubro de 2013 19:46:18, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I've begun experimenting with a qmake-based buildsystem
>
> You can find it at http://github.com/thiagomacieira/subsurface.git
>
> This is highly experimental! The branch rebases and force pushes! You've
> been warned!
>
> The new BS does build Subsurface on Linux. I have no reason to doubt that it
> will build on Mac too. As for Windows, it remains to be seen, it probably
> just works with a proper cross-compiler and a cross-pkg-config. Native
> Windows building should work if you have pkg-config.exe, which I doubt
> anyone does.
>
> I've also implemented installation rules for Linux. Install rules for Mac
> and Windows are pending.
>
> I haven't implemented the install rules for translations yet. This is
> pending a decision on whether we're switching from Gettext .mo to Linguist
> .qm files, which also changes the buildsystem.

Ok, this is looking almost complete now.

I've even sat down and written a Perl script to get DLL dependencies on
Windows, because it was close to impossible to test. Every time I clicked the
.exe, Windows would tell me a new DLL was missing.

Everyone, please give it a round of testing. I've done tests for Linux and Mac
builds and for cross-compilation to Windows. I have not been able to test on
Windows directly, but I see no reason it wouldn't work -- *provided* you
manage to get the dependencies installed!

The INSTALL file now contains instructions on how to build Subsurface. The
README file contains only information about what Subsurface is.

Full DLL listing of a debug build:
QtCored4.dll
QtDeclaratived4.dll
QtGuid4.dll
QtNetworkd4.dll
QtScriptd4.dll
QtSqld4.dll
QtSvgd4.dll
QtWebKitd4.dll
QtXmlPatternsd4.dll
QtXmld4.dll
iconv.dll
libdivecomputer-0.dll
libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll
libmarblewidgetd.dll
libpng15-15.dll
libsqlite3-0.dll
libstdc++-6.dll
libusb-1.0.dll
libxml2-2.dll
libxslt-1.dll
libzip-1.dll
zlib1.dll

It might be a good idea to investigate how to turn off QML support in Marble,
which would also drop the QtScript, QtXmlPatterns, and QtSql libraries.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358