subsurface-qt running after a native windows build

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 12:00:13 UTC 2013

On 9 October 2013 21:15, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-10-09 at 21:03 +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>> On 9 October 2013 19:36, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>> > Hey Lubomir
>> >
>> > I have a Windows system sitting next to me and would love to reproduce
>> > what you are doing.
>> >
>> > Which tool chain are you using?
>> > Are you building your own Qt / downloading a package? Which one?
>> > How about libmarble?
>> >
>> > questions, questions
>> >

>> first, i need to provide 3/4 patches to fix (partially) the qmake
>> build. i have some questions there also...
>>
>> but it's *quite complicated* and perhaps it would be best if i zip a
>> bunch of stuff and upload it somewhere for people who want to build
>> natively on win32?
>
> I think what some of us want is to actually get a fully self-contained
> setup going. And ideally document this so others can do that as well.
>
> Otherwise I'm quite happy with my cross build setup - that works and
> doesn't require me to deal with Windows more than absolutely
> necessary... I just figured that with the complete reset of libraries
> (well, almost complete) maybe it's more feasible to look into native
> again

i should have commented on this part as well...
the lack of pkg-config and package managers on windows makes it more
difficult than a cross build, i would think.

as mentioned earlier, we could still upload a zip somewhere with the
required -dev packages and .pc files, which would easy the road a lot
for developers.

lubomir