subsurface-qt running after a native windows build

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Wed Oct 9 12:32:16 UTC 2013

On quarta-feira, 9 de outubro de 2013 22:00:13, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> as mentioned earlier, we could still upload a zip somewhere with the
> required -dev packages and .pc files, which would easy the road a lot
> for developers.

That's what Dirk and I discussed yesterday during lunch.

We need the .dll, .a and .h files from our dependencies, at least the ones that
aren't easy to build. If you tell us that Marble is easy to build, then we
won't include those.

We could host the .zip file somewhere on the Subsurface's website. All the dev
would need to do is download the .zip and unpack it inside the Subsurface's
repository. From there, we should be able to detect the build and add the
necessary -I and -L flags.

Also, could you check if the latest MinGW 4.8.1 with SJLJ is still compatible
with the old build from Qt 4.8.5? Then people wouldn't have to use the old
toolchain.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358