qmake issues on win32

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Wed Oct 9 12:52:23 UTC 2013

On quarta-feira, 9 de outubro de 2013 21:52:48, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> Using Qt version 4.8.5 in C:\bin\Qt\4.8.5\lib

> 1) it seems that commenting out the line:
> !equals(V, 1): CONFIG += silent
> has an effect on the gnu-make runtime. it seems, as if when CONFIG is
> "silent", make starts to not-like single quotes in includes (.e.g
> -I'/dev/somelib/')
>
> calling:
> sed -i "y/'/\"/" Makefile.*
>
> to replace with double qutoes fixes it immediately...quite odd this one is.

mingw32-make bug. Explanation:

silent.prf does this:
    QMAKE_CC = @echo compiling $< && $$QMAKE_CC
    QMAKE_CXX = @echo compiling $< && $$QMAKE_CXX

That turns the regular command-line invoking gcc/g++ into a shell command-
line. GNU make on Linux always calls out to sh to run each line, but
apparently on Windows they decided to skip that and CreateProcess directly to
the target executable if they can.

Also note that mingw32-make changes behaviour depending on whether sh.exe can
be found on $PATH (if it's there, it uses sh.exe; if not, it uses cmd.exe).
Because of that, qmake also changes behaviour. You must run mingw32-make from
the same environment as you ran qmake on, otherwise the Makefiles won't be
compatible.

> 2) in the Makefile.debug there are some problems bellow the following lines:
> 13, 21, 259
>
> there is no \ character to split the variable or rule input on multiple
> lines. a script to move the code on the same line or adding \ seems to fix
> it.

That's surprising. I've never seen that. The Makefile.Debug I have on Windows
doesn't have those extra newlines.

Can you add "-d -d" to the qmake command-line and send me the stderr of that
run?

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358