localization

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Oct 10 00:33:28 UTC 2013

OK,

a crude first step is in place.

With some manhandling (and some rather ugly code as a result) we now
appear to correctly harvest all the strings. And I was able to merge in
the existing translations so that all (most?) unchanged strings are
still translated.

With the latest master, if you rebuild and then run
lrelease subsurface.pro
you should be able to do something like
LANG="de_DE" ./subsurface
and get a "somewhat" localized version of Subsurface.

There is absolutely no buildsystem support - the lrelease isn't handled,
nor is installing the .qm files. I'm also reasonably certain that this
will fail under Mac because of the different locale names (I need to
reimplement the alias solution). So far this is only mildly tested on
Linux.

But please, give it a try, let me know what I broke - or if something
happens to work for you :-)

Getting closer...