building on MacOS

Thomas 'Mike' Michlmayr mike at cluon.priv.at
Sat Oct 12 16:52:26 UTC 2013

hi!

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 13:47:10 -0700,
Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
[...]
> > but, doing a git pull on the mini to be at the same rev didn't help, even
> > after a recompile subsurface crashes at startup. i need to see if i have
> > some other differences between the two boxes.
>
> I would bet money that you have leftover .h files or .o files that are
> being used by mistake. Create a new directory and clone a fresh copy of
> the tree and I am reasonably certain that things will work.

and it did. "make clean" and "make distclean" were not enough. but removing
the shared libdivecomputer libraries and cloning a fresh tree did the job.

--
Thomas 'Mike' Michlmayr  | ignorami: n: The BOFH art of folding problem
<mike+sig at cluon.priv.at> |           lusers into representational shapes.