bug on libmarble

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Oct 14 07:10:36 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-10-11 at 13:38 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Danilo Cesar Lemes de Paula
> <danilo.eu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I would like to know if I'm the only one having this problem.
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eObYuwacBrE
> >
> > I'm using the latest master with libmarble 4:4.10.5-1 packaged by debian.
>
> Hmm. I didn't notice, because I usually only move around the map by
> moving around the dive sites, and that doesn't seem to have the
> problem.
>
> But when zooming in by hand, I do see something similar - although not
> identical - to your behavior (F19 here, marble-4.11.2). The tile
> caching seems to go crazy at times, where the satellite tiles don't
> match the road overlays (and don't match the zooming or location).
>
> Don't know if it's something we do wrong, or marble.

It's something our not-supported-by-marble-developers Google sat layer
did wrong. As discussed when we added this - the Marble developer
believe that the Google TOS prohibit use of Google Maps / Sat in Marble.

Anyway, after a bit of trial and error I think I fixed this yesterday.

Please pull the latest master and this should be gone.