Fwd: Re: dive printing

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Oct 14 11:31:20 UTC 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: dive printing
Date: 	Mon, 14 Oct 2013 18:40:06 +0200
From: 	Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za>
To: 	Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>

Lubomir,

Thank you for your hard work!

I use the Qt git master version. At this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gykri6s7mg308yi/Screenshot%20from%202013-10-14%2018%3A23%3A45.png

  you can see what one version of my personal divebook pages looks like. I have a paper
copy because I need some of the important dives to be signed off afterwards.

Look at the dive profile, in this case obtained from the print preview
of subsurface:
1) the numbers on the axes (depth and time) small and very
light-coloured. As indicated in my previous mail, I normally improve
this using Gimp, using a four-step process.
2) The O2-partial pressure information (bottom right) is almost unreadable.
3) In general, larger lettering on the graph would be very helpful.

I know this is something rather personal, but I do believe a
good-quality monochrome image should not necessarily translate red or
green lettering in the colour image to a grey colour in monochrome. The
profile as is is perfect (more than perfect!) for visual inspection on
the screen. But I think it is not optimal for documentation purposes.
Kind regards,
Willemf