[patch] Prettier printing

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 03:25:12 UTC 2013

On 15 October 2013 11:57, Patrick Valsecchi <patrick at thus.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The attached patch improves the quality of the profile printing. Way less
> pixelisation.

to follow up with a little bit of discussion here.

Patrick, i like the change direction because if we skip the QPixmap
step we can render the profile in vector and that's pretty much what
we want.
but the question here is - why can't we render() a QTableView in vector.

for the Qt savvy crew:
i think i recall vector output when using QTableView::render() with
Qt5. any ideas why we get raster with Qt4?

for the PM crew:
is it acceptable to have the profile in vector, while tables remain in
raster on a print? to me it look kind of odd.
currently we render everything in raster which should look good at
100% print size, but then there is the issue if users want to take
screenshots from a print preview or PDF.

lubomir