Measurement bar problems

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Oct 15 06:29:32 UTC 2013

Look at this image:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7rwx8k1z1zw8uc/Measurement%20bar.png

Several problems:
1) Information bar in the way. Cannot acces red measurment anchor on
lefthand side.
2) Information in 'Information' box really not relevant while doing
measurements..

Some possible solutions:

1) While pressing 'shift' on keyboard, let information box disappear
(least preferred option, I think), allowing access to measurment anchor
on left hand side.

2) Allow Information box to be dragged around the profile space so it is
out of the way from critical points. Even if one is not doing
measurements one would perhaps like to see the start of the dive
profile, now covered by 'Information', therefore it would help if one
could drag the Information out of the way.

3) Make 'Information' clickable. (the most efficient option I think)
Upon click on the 'Information' text at the top of the text box (see
mouse pointer in image above) it expands to show all information. Upon
another click it reduces to a single 'Information' button but with no
information underneath.

4) When Measurement bar is activated, switch off the 'Information' box.
(the easiest option I think)

5) In setting up the preferences for subsurface, have a setting for
'Information' to control its behaviour.

I hope this makes sense.

Kind regards,
willemf