Changing the coordinates of an existing dive

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Oct 21 10:52:08 UTC 2013

I am looking at the mechanism through which one can update the
coordinates of an existing dive with existing coordinates. I can find
only one method, maybe that is the way it is sopposed to work. I think
the rightclick-on-dive method that used to work in the GTK version does
not work with the Qt version. So I update the coordinates for a dive as
follows:

1) Delete existing coordinates in the dive notes panel for the
particular dive you wish to change. NB: There is at this stage no option
to double-click the Mable map. If you double-click the marble map, no
coordinates are put into the dive notes. There is, however, a 'copy
coordinates' from marble option if one rightclicks on the marble map.
This copies the coordinates onto the clipboard. However, this does not
create a dive symbol on the marble map.
2) Save the deletion of the original coordinates by hitting 'ok' on the
dive notes.
3) Open the same dive again for editing, focusing on the Dive Notes.
4) Save these dive notes (without any new coordinates yet) by hitting 'ok'.
5) Now marble gives a message at the top of the map: 'Double-click on
map to save dive location'
6) Double-clicking saves the new, updated location in the dive notes for
that particular dive and also puts a dive symbol on the map.

This is quite tedious and not very friendly to the user. I would have
expected that the first time I saved the dive (i.e. without any
coordinates), the message should have appeared on marble to save the
dive location. Is there a more efficient way to do this?

Kind regards,
willemf