Marble & Delete_dive & Collapse

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed Oct 23 00:12:01 UTC 2013

I built the latest git master of subsurface this morning.

Three issues:

(1) Marble
When I execute subsurface from within the subsurface folder I get:

willem at willem-Precision-M4700:~/subsurface$ subsurface
QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No
such file or directory
QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths:
/home/willem/.local/share/marble/maps/earth/placemarks/

I know there has been some discussion about this issue. Of course,
naïvely, I tried to manually add that folder to the search path by
exporting PATH=$PATH etc  but it did not resolve the error message
because the folder does not exist on my machine, and which I should have
checked in the first place, stupid of me. There are only two folders in
the earth directory: googlesat and srtm. No placemarks. However, in
subsurface marble shows the appropriate map with lots of detail.

(2) Delete_dive
There are still some problems with delete_dive. If I delete the first
dive on the list then a dive lower down (e.g. 4th dive), I get a
segmentation fault. This only appears to happen when the first dive is
deleted, followed by another delete lower down. As far as I can see, as
long as one does not delete the first dive, one can do any series of
random deletes without problems.

If I remember correctly, in the gtk version, one could perform actions
on a block of dives that are currently selected (by right-clicking on
the block of dives). I may be wrong but it appears that, although one
can select a block of dives, the right-click delete on that block does
not work.

I mention these points because I was under the impression that some
progress has been made with these known bugs and this progress would
reflect in the latest build.

(3) Collapse
The right-click collapse instruction does not always work correctly if
one has several groups of dives. In some cases, after highlighting a
group, a different group of dives is collapsed. I can post screendumps
if necessary.

Kind regards,
willemf