Qt version first impressions

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Mon Sep 2 02:35:06 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-27 22:20, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-08-27 at 12:43 -0700, Pablo Wolter wrote:
> 1- Download a dive from my Pretel. Subsurface just can't see the
> Pretel whereas MacDive downloaded the dive without any trouble. I have
> successfully installed both libdivecomputer and subsurface from
> sources.
>
> The Petrel is a Bluetooth dive computer. So the process is a little
> more
> complicated (and I am not 100% sure this has been tested with the Qt
> version on a Mac, yet).

The subsurface manual contains instructions on how to setup the
bluetooth device. Currently libdivecomputer doesn't support native
bluetooth communication and relies on serial emulation instead. But
often this virtual serial port isn't created by default and you have to
do that step manually.

http://subsurface.hohndel.org/documentation/user-manual/#S_HowFindBluetoothDeviceName

Jef