UEMIS hack

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Sep 8 12:21:11 UTC 2013

On Sep 8, 2013, at 11:36 AM, Jef Driesen wrote:

> On 07-09-13 19:05, Danilo Cesar Lemes de Paula wrote:
>> I see some hacks for the UEMIS Zurich DC in our current code.
>>
>> Is it going to be supported directly by libdc at some point?
>> (I know it's probably not the best channel to ask that, but I know
>> that Jef is hanging around here ;) and the answer might be useful for
>> others subsurface devs)
>
> In the long term, I want to include the Uemis in libdivecomputer. But right now I have already too many things on my todo list, so that won't be for the near future. Unless someone else volunteers to do it of course :-)

As the author of the current Uemis support I have talked to Jef about this in the past. Because of the weird way the Uemis works, it would be a real pain to integrate this into the current libdivecomputer architecture. Jef is working on a rewrite that will change things around and should make it much easier to support the Uemis - at that point I'll submit patches to libdivecomputer and disable the code in Subsurface :-)