Main window in QT version can't be resized.

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Sep 13 03:43:16 UTC 2013

On Sep 13, 2013, at 12:21 AM, Martin Gysel wrote:

> Am 12.09.2013 14:09, schrieb Tomaz Canabrava:
>> the second option, more specially, a bug that I introduced. I'm trying
>> to find the widget that has the issue, I hope I manage to fix it today.
>
> while speaking about widgets, what do you or everyone using subsurface
> think about using dock widgets for at least some widgets like the map.
> in a multi monitor setup, it would be quite nice to place the map or the
> profile on the other monitor

In the very earliest versions of Subsurface it used dock widgets in Gtk.
We moved away from them as this turned out to be a very frustrating
user experience. The majority of our users use a laptop (often even a
netbook with a very small screen). Multi monitor setups might be the
exception, certainly not the rule

I'm not against bringing this capability back - I'm just thinking it's not
a high priority.