Things that don't work right now

Pablo Wolter pwolter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 08:11:18 UTC 2013

On Sep 16, 2013, at 6:13 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Sorry for top post. Stupid phone client.
> I have vpm sources for you to work on a new deco module. Will send tonight.
> Tomaz or Thiago will respond on the Qt question.
> But: 5 minutes for the ascend from 5m to the surface? Good luck with that. I'm sure that's the safest way to do it. But I can't imagine anyone doing it.

I think the tools should not stop someone to dive the way they please.

For example, I change the descent from the 60ft/min to 30 ft/min because from going to 150 feet from shore here in Seattle is longer than the time 60ft/min gives. Actually it took me about 10 minutes, so I will change that to 10-15 ft/min in my next dive.

The same holds true for the ascent. At 30 ft/min it will take me about 5 minutes to reach the first deco stop or surface (no considering the time per stop as this is just an illustration) whereas here I ascent way slower due the slope/bottom conditions.

With this I want to transfer the message that the software should give freedom of choice to any conditions or way the diver decides to conduct his dive.

Just my humble comments and as it is called 2 cents ….