device auto completion

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Sep 16 16:55:38 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-09-16 at 18:20 -0300, Danilo Cesar Lemes de Paula wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Here's my second attempt to implement the device auto-completion for
> subsurface Qt.
>
> I've dropped the first attempt to use the one that Jef suggested
> (written in pure C).
>
> However I couldn't test that code in Windows/Mac. Could someone check if
> it works, please (not even sure if it compiles)?
>
> Source code in
>
>   git at github.com:danilocesar/subsurface.git device_probing

I won't argue about the parts with 4 space indentation (I'll just fix
them). But with my limited number of computers I have with me I didn't
have much to get this to work.

The OSTC registers as /dev/ttyUSB0 - yet the only things offered
were /dev/ttyS[0123], none of which actually exist.

Do you have preferred debugging information that you'd like to see in
order to make this work better?

Thanks