Extremely slow Petrel import + crash when saving

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen subsurface at henrik.synth.no
Tue Sep 17 13:28:00 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM, Danilo Cesar Lemes de Paula <
danilo.eu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you get anything on the console (while the downloading was stuck)?
>
> * I'm assuming you're running the latest version from the master branch.

Yeah, I'm on the latest master.  The download wasn't stuck, it was just
very very slow.  Nothing was output to the console.

Here are some timings:

00:00 Started importing (Petrel sais Wait PC)
00:08 Petrel says Sending List (progress bar updates)
00:28 Petrel says Sent List, and Sending List again
00:55 Petrel says Sent List, and starts Sending Dive (probably dive #1)
01:50 Petrel says Sent Dive, and start Sending Dive (probably dive #2)
02:47 Petrel says Sent Dive, and start Sending Dive (probably dive #3)
(repeat until dive #57)

If I press cancel on the computer, Subsurface still hangs trying to
import.  If I press cancel on the download dialog, the cancel button is
greyed out, but nothing happens.

Henrik