Fwd: inicio do wire- primeira ideia

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Sep 17 20:20:22 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-09-18 at 00:02 -0300, Luisa Pires wrote:
> I'm really glad to hear that! As I wait for more feedback from the
> rest of the group, it's worth mentioning that this wire still has a
> lot of unfinished things, placeholders, etc.

Now that I'm writing from a computer, here's some more feedback:

- I assume this is just unfinished, but I would prefer different icons
for 'Notes' and 'Dive Info' as well as 'Equipment' and 'Stats'.

- I'm not sure I understand the logic behind the stylized fins for
surface interval... I'd find something with the sun or something else
typical for being 'above the water' more intuitive

- the air pressure icon... is that a helmet? Why? That number is the air
pressure on the surface :-) Maybe a stylized barometer? Don't know :-/

- I LOVE the Visibility, Date, Dive Time, Temperature and Dive Tag icons

- I'm not 100% in love with the max/avg depth one

- the gases icon is cool. I'm not sure how to best deal with multi tank
dives...
   - we could do several of the tank icons (maybe make the other tanks
     just a single tank, not twins; but then OTU makes no sense and
     we'd have to calculate individual gas used and SAC numbers - which
     may not be a bad idea
   - or we could do it the way you have it, but then we'd need something
     that better visualizes that we are talking about different tanks;
     the two gas mixes that you show in the example (AIR and EAN37) are
     a but unintuitive (as you saw from Pablo's response).

And yes, you should report gases like this (all of course localized)
(21/0) as "Air"
(xx/0) with xx != 21 as EANxx
(xx/yy) with yy != 0 as (xx/yy) :-)

Please see this as feedback, not as criticism. Overall I love the
direction. I can't wait for Subsurface to have a consistent look and
feel based on that design vision - that would be amazing to have prior
to releasing 4.0.

(and keep in mind that I am known to be pathetically incompetent when it
comes to design... so I may be completely misunderstanding something you
have here... so please argue back where you think I'm wrong)