add dive - broken WIP for Tomaz

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Sep 19 06:38:52 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-09-19 at 15:24 +0200, Robert C. Helling wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Sep 2013, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>
> > I simply don't think that's a very nice workflow. This means people MUST
> > first edit the profile of the dive, and THEN they can add location,
> > buddy, notes, etc. But once they started editing those, they cannot
> > easily go back and edit the profile (i.e., depth and duration).
>
> Couldn't we have a way to open any dive in the planner turning all samples
> (ok those are a lot for real dives downloaded from computers) into
> waypoints? That would solve this "cannot reedit"-problem, wouldn't it?

I'm not sure I want to be able to edit a 60 minute dive with samples
every 5 seconds (I have many such dives - that's 720 handles...)

But we can already go back and edit the dives we add. The problem for me
is that from a workflow this is really awkward. There is enough screen
real estate to make it something you can do /at the same time/, it
doesn't have to be that forced either / or.