Extremely slow Petrel import + crash when saving

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Fri Sep 20 11:12:29 UTC 2013

On 20-09-13 19:38, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:
> Jef Driesen wrote:
>>
>> Now back to your Mac OS X problem, this Linux failure doesn't get us
>> any further of course. I'm afraid the only suggestion I have left is
>> to try on Windows.
>
> Wow.
>
> It's been awhile since I've used a Windows machine, and there's
> definitely a reason for that.  What a piece of crap that is.  I tried
> for an hour with driver updates and whatnot to get bluetooth working.
> No go.  So it doesn't seem like I'll be able to verify the Petrel on
> Windows, at least not until I can get my hands on a machine where
> bluetooth is already working.

:-)

Can you try the attached patch on your mac? Because sending data appears to be
the problem, sending the packet byte by byte is certainly not going to be the
fastest. With the attached patch, the packet is send at once.

Another thing that's worth looking at are the tcdrain calls in serial_write.
Just add some extra WARNING or INFO between the write and tcdrain. I wonder if
it's the write or the tcdrain which taking most of the time.

Jef