MaxOSX problems with DBUS [was: Qt version first impressions]

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen subsurface at henrik.synth.no
Sun Sep 22 02:15:05 UTC 2013

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On quarta-feira, 18 de setembro de 2013 07:56:17, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen
> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 11:11 PM, Thiago Macieira
> <thiago at macieira.org>wrote:
>>> That looks like it's using the KDE integration, on a Mac. I have no idea
>>> what
>>> the state of KDE support for Mac is these days (I haven't seen Benjamin
>>> Reed
>>> post or come to IRC in a while).
>>>
>>> Can you remove the KDE plugin from plugins/gui_platform somewhere on your
>>> system? This should get you native Mac file dialogs, not overridden by
>>> KDE.
>> Do you have an idea what the exact name is?  I cannot find "gui_platform"
>> anywhere:
>>
>> $ ls /opt/local/lib/kde4/plugins
>> designer    imageformats    kauth        marble        script
>> $ ls /opt/local/share/qt4/plugins/
>> accessible    codecs        graphicssystems    imageformats    script
>> bearer        designer    iconengines    qmltooling
>
> Hmm.. interesting, it looks like KIO overrides every time, even without the
> plugin. So the question is what loaded KIO.
>
> My first guess would be the Oxygen stle plugin, but I don't see "styles" in
> your list either.
>
> Can you try to remove the plugins from the first directory (except marble)
> until it disappears? My testing here shows only the plugins in the designer
> subdir having KIO, but it also baffles me why the designer plugins would be
> loaded at all.
>
> Attempts here on Linux show that once gui_platform/libkde.so and
> styles/oxygen.so are gone, KIO doesn't get loaded.

I tried removing all the plugins except marble, but I still get the same
problem when trying to import:

   Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide
a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
   startkdeinitlock(723)/kdeui (KIconLoader): Error: standard icon theme
"oxygen" not found!

   QIODevice::setTextModeEnabled: The device is not open
   Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide
a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
   klauncher(727) kdemain: No DBUS session-bus found. Check if you have
started the DBUS server.
   kdeinit4: Communication error with launcher. Exiting!
   Segmentation fault: 11

I don't find any libkde or oxygen either:

$ find /opt/local \( -name 'libkde*' -or -name 'oxygen*' \)
/opt/local/include/libkdeedu
/opt/local/lib/cmake/libkdeedu
/opt/local/lib/libkde3support.4.10.5.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkde3support.4.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkde3support.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdeclarative.5.10.5.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdeclarative.5.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdeclarative.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdecore.5.10.5.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdecore.5.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdecore.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdefakes.5.10.5.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdefakes.5.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdefakes.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdeinit4_kbuildsycoca4.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdeinit4_kconf_update.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdeinit4_kded4.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdeinit4_kio_http_cache_cleaner.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdeinit4_klauncher.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdesu.5.10.5.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdesu.5.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdesu.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdeui.5.10.5.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdeui.5.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdeui.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdewebkit.5.10.5.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdewebkit.5.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libkdewebkit.dylib
/opt/local/share/xml/docbook/5.0/docs/images/oxygen1.png
/opt/local/share/xml/docbook/5.0/docs/images/oxygen2.png
/opt/local/share/xml/docbook/5.0/docs/images/oxygen3.png

I get the problem even though DBUS actually is loaded, by the way:

$ sudo launchctl load -w
/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.freedesktop.dbus-system.plist
$ ps ax |grep dbus
   787   ??  Ss     0:00.00 /opt/local/bin/dbus-daemon --system --nofork

Henrik