MaxOSX problems with DBUS [was: Qt version first impressions]

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Mon Sep 23 08:38:17 UTC 2013

On segunda-feira, 23 de setembro de 2013 11:50:30, Robert Helling wrote:
> (missing some failed steps in between) and now I have a working file
> selector on Mac, although nothing that looks like the native one.

If you needed to turn on D-Bus, it's because KIO was loaded and that will
force the KDE file dialog to show.

We need to make sure KIO isn't used. So the problem is in the way that
MacPorts builds Marble.

Preferably, we should provide a Qt-only recipe for building Marble so that the
full KDE dependencies aren't required. I'm told that Marble supports that.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358