MaxOSX problems with DBUS [was: Qt version first impressions]

Pablo Wolter pwolter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 19:19:00 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know that I followed the steps described by Robert and now I have a working subsurface ;-)

Before it it was just not usage at all.

Still you have to add manually the location of your XML file with your dives. Clicking the 3 dots doesn't do anything, not even opening a menu.

I did something funny though. I exported all my dives from MacDive to UDCF format and imported them into Subsurface … all depths were wrong. I have never dove near 300 feet …

I then just export them to XML from MacDive and imported them into Subsurface and everything worked fine.

I think the UDCF format export got funny.

On Sep 23, 2013, at 12:57 PM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:

> and most of the plugins we don't use too, actually we will explicitly disable some on the future. ( openstreetmaps? )
>

> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at macieira.org> wrote:
> On segunda-feira, 23 de setembro de 2013 11:45:53, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > Sorry, I guess what I said below is easy to misread.
> >
> > Great job, Robert. Thanks for getting people on a Mac going.
> >
> > However, I think we need to find a way around this that fixes the
> > libmarblewidget build on the Mac so that long term none of the dbus
> > dependencies are built into libmarblewidget.
>
> +1
>
> Thanks for the effort.
>
> PS: it looks like libmarblewidget is fine; the problem is some of the plugins.
> --
>    Software Architect - Intel Open Source Technology Center
>       PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
>       E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Saludos,

Pablo Wolter
pwolter at gmail.com