Translations

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 14:24:49 UTC 2013

Good night.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 03:02:31PM -0500, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> a) ensure all strings are marked for translation. Are there still strings in the C code? Are all strings in Qt code marked?

Every string which isn't actually translated seems to be marked in the
QT code except "WorkPress", "StarPress", "EndPress" and "Weights".

They would need to be included in .po files or simply changed with
equivalent strings which are already translated. If you like this second
option, the atached patch will do the work.

Other strings in the same situation are the tooltips in the equipment
tab from qt-ui/maintab.cpp and the advices for trip and edition like:
"This dive is being edited. Select Save or Undo when ready.", but these
will need the .po modification as there are no equivalence in GTK
branch.

> b) ensure that strings that are marked and available in a .po file are indeed translated in the ui.

As far as I can see every other string works well.

BTW, in the info tab, the three strings at the bottom get a bit cramped
if literally translated (at least in spanish). Fortunately Luisa's
proposals seem to get rid of this ugly tab.

All tests made on debian.

Regards

Salva.