CPU hogging in the current master

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Sep 26 08:27:48 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 8:18 AM, Linus Torvalds

> I think this special case is actually solvable by just limiting the
> TTS calculation to the length of the dive. I wanted to get rid of the
> extreme sillyness before (it used to spend 50% of the time in just
> calculating "pow()", now that's gone.

.. yeah, on the second dive we surface with a 79 min TTS value.

Which is interesting information, and I think it's ok to be slow for
the case where the diver may actually die.

So rather than say "screw it, don't bother calculating TTS past the
end of the dive", maybe we should just say "screw it, let's fix our
test dives to not be quite so deadly.."

                      Linus