Dive List Issues.

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Thu Sep 26 09:04:37 UTC 2013

People,

The dive list is one of the first things that I did for subsurface on the
Qt version, it's not perfect but can be a lot better, specially in the way
that we treat items. Linus complained a few weeks ago ( with reason ) that
I'm reloading everything, everytime that something changes.

This led us to a few problems:
1 - slow, why should I reload 400 dives if I just added 1?
2 - loss of state, for instance the selection.

So, I'm right now redoing the part on dive-management from the list, I
don't know when this patch will be finished since we have wrong assumptions
all over the code ( counted around 20 incorrect calls  that will need to
have a new logic on it. )

I hope to finish this today, maximum tomorrow.
It will make subsurface faster, snappier and stabler. :)

Tomaz