CPU hogging in the current master

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Sep 26 14:05:43 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> I though our conclusion had been to walk away from XML and do a straight
> forward parser instead...?

Yeah, and I'm still considering it, but was trying to figure out if I
can make libxml work ok.

The parsing actually looks fairly straightforward (our "MATCH()" logic
doesn't actually know about XML at all, so I just need to have a
wrapper), but I want to be able to save in both xml and non-xml, and
*that* is a bit painful, because the f*cking moronic xml assumptions
are very much explicit there.

And I need the non-xml save in order to test the parser..

I may do a first private version for myself that only saves in a
non-xml format..

          Linus