Username and Password for uploading/downloading/synchronizing dives

Holger Schmermbeck hosch at mm.st
Fri Sep 27 16:06:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

> The first message says that I only get a username. Subsurface on Mac
> prompts me for a userID and password when I try to upload to
> divelogs.de

we're talking about two different things!

At http://api.hohndel.org/login/ you get a username for syncing with
api.hohndel.org. For more  information see http://api.hohndel.org/
For example, if you use a Android based Cellphone you can use subsurface
on your mobile device. See
https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=org.subsurface or
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.subsurface
With this app you can locate your diving location and upload to
api.hohndel.org, using your username you get from there.
Later at your computer you can download from there the Date and Location
of your dive.

The second thing is divelogs.de ...
At this site you can publish your dives. For example my dive log at
https://en.divelogs.de/log/hosch
For this site you need username and passwort. To register go to
https://en.divelogs.de/newuser.php (https://www.divelogs.de/newuser.php
- german version). You can select the language on the Site.

How to upload your dives from subsurface to divelogs.de I explained in
my last mail. Use here your selected username / password.

At the moment there is only a upload and no sync with divelogs.de

If you want to export from divelogs.de and import to subsurface you need
two steps.

First export a DLD Version of your logs. See
https://en.divelogs.de/export.php and scroll down or directly go to
https://en.divelogs.de/DLDexport.php

This File you can import in subsurface with "File -> Import" and select
the downloaded file.

If you want to use subsurface with same data at different devices the
best way should be to sync your subsurface.xml File, I think.

I hope that helps and your questions becomes answered?

Greets

Holger

p.s. Sry, if my English is terrible. ;)