Ruler and toolbar for the profile

Maximilian Güntner maximilian.guentner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 18:00:00 UTC 2013

Hello Salvador,

2013/9/27 Salvador Cuñat <salvador.cunat at gmail.com>:
> Wouldn't be better to have the vertical speed in m/min or the imperial
> equivalent ?  This are the common units in diving and which usually
> incorporate the DCs.
I never really thought about that since I always measure my
descent/ascent rates in m/s
because my dives tend to be rather short (freediver).
For a 1:50min dive to 50m a velocity of 54m/min (0.91m/s) is a bit
strange and hard to visualize.
However displaying a velocity of 0.04m/s (2.4m/min) for scuba/tec
dives is just as bad.
Maybe we can add an option for that to the settings dialog or
calculate the average velocity for the whole dive
and switch between m/s / m/min depending on that (say 0.3 m/s - 18m/min).

> BTW the ruler idea looks great.
Thank you. :)

Let me know what you think,

Maximilian