[Fwd: [Subsurface-trac] #486: Manually entered profile not transferred correctly to divelogs.de]

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Mon Apr 7 02:42:19 PDT 2014

On 2014-04-07 11:20, Rainer Mohr wrote:
> Am 07.04.14 07:32, schrieb Miika Turkia:
>>
>>     Rainer - is that fixed sample interval format the only format
>>     divelogs.de <http://divelogs.de> understands? Or is there another
>>     format where we could give
>>     the time stamp in the sample as we do in Subsurface?
>>

> I'm afraid so, yes. I save the sample interval with the dive's data
> and the samples have only the depth and not when it occurs.
> Since Dive computers have regular samples every x seconds, there was
> no need until now to make this variable. Changing this would hurt on
> my side :-(

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but there are dive computers out
there that don't have a fixed sample rate. Some (older) Oceanics support
a depth based sample rate. They record a new sample whenever a certain
depth threshold is exceeded. The timestamps of such samples are not
regularly spaced.

Indeed not very nice to deal with, but unfortunately it does exist.

Jef