[Fwd: [Subsurface-trac] #486: Manually entered profile not transferred correctly to divelogs.de]

Rainer Mohr mail at divelogs.de
Mon Apr 7 05:32:53 PDT 2014

Am 07.04.14 13:06, schrieb Jef Driesen:
> For the Oceanics the situation is a bit different. It's a real event
> based mechanism, without a base sample rate (like the 4s used by the
> Uwatecs), at least not that I know about. To make things worse, is
> that the resolution of the recorded timestamp is only 1 minute. The
> result is that you can end up with zero or more values per minute.
> Currently libdivecomputer tries to spread those evenly within that
> minute. Far from perfect, but it does result in something reasonable.
> Multiple values with the same timestamps is probably even more
> confusing for applications. But the consequence is that the sample
> interval is variable.

Ugh, that sucks...
I do have an Oceanic Import for the Oceanlog Software, its an Access
file and it actually does look like I get multiple values for the same
bottom time in some occasions... Oh dear...
One example file I have gives me a depth value every 15 secs with some
having multiple values. Another example file gives me continuous 1
second steps apparently with no multiple values.

To make things even worse, Oceanic started encrypting their mdb Access
files starting with version 2.2.8 of the Oceanlog Software. You
somethimes wonder what goes on in peoples heads... Guess they really
needed to hide my own data from myself.

> I can provide some data if you want to have a look.

I have two example Oceanlog files, but if you have anything else, that
would be helpful, thanks.

Rainer