unable to complete cross-building on fedora 20

Lakshman acrlakshman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 20:52:14 PDT 2014

I have been trying to get cross-building working on Fedora 20, which I
couldn't. Can someone help me where I am failing in this process.

- I am using Fedora 20 with virtual box installed on Mac OSX 10.9.2
- I also have mingw32-cmake, mingw32-configure, mingw32-qmake-qt4
installed on Fedora.

1) I tried to build libdivecomputer as mentioned in the lines 194-200
of "INSTALL" file, when I executed line 198 (i.e. mingw32-configure
--disable-shared) I got the following error

"/usr/bin/mingw32-configure: line 68: ../configure: No such file or directory"

Since, I was not used to writing configure scripts, after some
googling I did the following

"autoconf configure.ac" hoping that this will generate "configure"
script, but this resulted in the following error:

configure.ac:21: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:67: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL

Am I going in a wrong direction?

2) I tried building "marble" following lines 204-211 of "INSTALL"
file. When I ran "mingw32-cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DQTONLY=TRUE
../sources" I got the following error:

/usr/bin/mingw32-cmake: line 70: fg: no job control

I have no idea about this error and how to resolve this, tried
googling, but attempts were in vain.

3) Similar error i.e. "/usr/bin/mingw32-cmake: line 70: fg: no job
control" was thrown when I tried to run "mingw32-cmake .." for libgit2
(line 218 of INSTALL"

Thank you,
Lakshman