[RFC] Operating system name/version detection

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Thu Apr 10 14:30:57 PDT 2014

Em qui 10 abr 2014, às 19:12:50, Joshua Joseph escreveu:
> The attached patch is my attempt at OS name/version detection. I have not
> yet tested
> it on windows, nor added the Mac part. Just wanted some comments on the
> same.

Hello Josh

Thanks for the work, but can I ask you to hold back for a few more days?
You're backporting my code from Qt 5.4, but it's still being modified. Once we
have it settled, we can backport to Subsurface and be sure we get the same
results.

I'd also like a more direct backport -- try to keep the functions intact, if
possible, even if you can't modify QSysInfo like I can[*]. This will allow for
easier updating in the future, in case we find a bug that needs to be fixed and
backported. For example, the need to read /etc/lsb-release so we can detect
Ubuntu...

The Qt 5.4 reviews are:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/80279
https://codereview.qt-project.org/80280
https://codereview.qt-project.org/80281

[*] Suggested hack:
	class SubsurfaceSysInfo : public QSysInfo
	{
	};

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358