Some more suggestions

Marcin Małecki marcin at maleccy.net
Fri Apr 18 03:41:43 PDT 2014

Since my previous suggestion were well received I thought some more
about other features I might recommend.

1) Default cylinder - at the moment you can select a default cylinder.
This is useful to a point. Once you start diving with two cylinders like
for example main tank and a stage or pony it would be good to be able to
set second default cylinder. So immediately on adding new dive it reads
dive computer date and assigns it into cylinders. On a dive computer
which takes multiple cylinders and gas mixes you can set multiple
cylinders as 1,2,3,4,5 and so on. If you could also have default
cylinders in the application then it would be helpful. I see this
feature as two stage selection: firstly you select number of cylinders,
then order them as you want and set defaults for each place.

2) Default weights - since there is an option of selecting what weights
you carry why not an option of setting default weights? This is likely
to be in two stages again: firstly setting number of separate weight
placements (weights in 1,2,3,4 places) secondly setting kg and locations
(ankle, belt, tank, integrated, etc.)

3) Empty space on the profile graph - when dive profile is charted some
space is left unused on the right hand side. This space varies with
dives. On shorter dives over 50% of the graph area is unused on longer
dives about 15%. It would look better if only say 3% of the available
area was left empty.

4) Dives which were manually added have "unknown divecomputer" as
computer name. As far as I know this can only be edited in xml file
directly. It would be useful to have the ability to name it and also to
change it in dives already added.

5) Divelogs upload of modified dives - I upload my dives onto divelogs.
Sometimes however I make modification to notes after I uploaded them. It
would be good if I could then upload them again from Subsurface and
changes would be uploaded. I guess this has more to do with how the
interface of the website is set up rather then the app but I thought I
mention this as well.

6) List of tags in preferences - I believe it would be useful to see
list of all available/added tags and add/modify/delete them in
preferences. If tag has no dives associated it can be deleted without
question if it has question would pop up saying that tag has associated
dives and will be removed from those dives when deleted. If tag is
renamed all instances of such tag would have newly renamed tag instead
of the old one.

7) Tags in statistics - this follows on from the above improvement. All
tags used should have number associated with them showing number of
dives with this tag. The best place for this would be as part of stats
tab I think.

Hope this helps

---
Marcin Tomasz Małecki