Some more suggestions

Marcin Małecki marcin at maleccy.net
Sat Apr 19 00:12:29 PDT 2014

http://trac.hohndel.org/ticket/491

http://trac.hohndel.org/ticket/492

>> 3) Empty space on the profile graph - when dive profile is charted
>> some
>> space is left unused on the right hand side. This space varies with
>> dives. On shorter dives over 50% of the graph area is unused on longer
>> dives about 15%. It would look better if only say 3% of the available
>> area was left empty.
>
> This is actually an intentional design decision. The way Subsurface
> works you can get a good idea of the relative length of dives when
> scrolling through the dive list. So we have a minimum duration (and
> depth) and only increase those in discrete steps.

I am not sure you can get any idea of the relative length of the dives
when scrolling.
This could only work if scale on the graph is fixed. Now it changes from
5/15/25 on short dives to 10/30/50 on longer with 5/15/25/35/45 in
between. With such scale changes you will not be able to see relative
lengths. If length is what you are looking for perhaps fixed scale would
be better. Currently I do not see how it achieves stated purpose. I
think that having variable scale is better then fixed but with minor
change of no minimum scale. Currently I think 5/15/25 is a smallest
scale allowable. In other words time interval is 10min perhaps 5min is
better? Or to add more flexibility allow user to select in
Preferences/Graphs minimum time interval 5/10 min.

---
Marcin Tomasz Małecki
Linux user #459629
Ubuntu user #30250