Connectiviy problem

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 09:53:10 PDT 2014

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 6:25 PM, Mario Pilz <mariopilz at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I tried everything (following the instructions in the manual) to connect
> my dive computer and download the dive profiles with subsurface. Please
> find attached the log file. A dump file was not created with checking
> the option in the menu.
> I use ubuntu 12.4 and a Suunto D4i. Since I just discovered Subsurface
> as the perfect solution for linux users, i would be really happy to
> solve this connectivity problem. Thanks in advance!

My first assumption would be that you do not have permission to use the
serial device. I have added myself to dialout group and am able to
communicate with Suunto D4 (and Vyper Air) properly on Ubuntu 13.10.

So opening a terminal and running the following command might fix the
problem:

sudo groupadd dialout

You will have to logout and log-in for the change to take effect. (If you
want to use a GUI tool (User management) to do the change, you probably
need to add permission to use modems.

miika