Connectiviy problem

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Sun Apr 20 10:17:19 PDT 2014

My guess would be that the suckless, _proper citation_, would be this
(why can't people configure their e-mail clients to do TWT?):

On Sun, 20 Apr 2014, Miika Turkia wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 6:25 PM, Mario Pilz <mariopilz at gmx.net<mailto:mariopilz at gmx.net>> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I tried everything (following the instructions in the manual) to
> > connect my dive computer and download the dive profiles with
> > subsurface. Please find attached the log file. A dump file was not
> > created with checking the option in the menu.
> > I use ubuntu 12.4 and a Suunto D4i. Since I just discovered
> > Subsurface as the perfect solution for linux users, i would be
> > really happy to solve this connectivity problem. Thanks in advance!
>
> My first assumption would be that you do not have permission to use
> the serial device. I have added myself to dialout group and am able
> to communicate with Suunto D4 (and Vyper Air) properly on Ubuntu
> 13.10.
>
> So opening a terminal and running the following command might fix
> the problem:
>
> sudo groupadd dialout
>
> You will have to logout and log-in for the change to take effect.

There's also the:

	$ newgrp

command, if you want to skip logging out and in again.

> (If you want to use a GUI tool (User management) to do the change,
> you probably need to add permission to use modems.

Hmm...  "need to add permission to use modems"?  That must be gnome.

Cheers,

--
Cristian