Subsurface and rebreather dive logs.

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Apr 21 07:49:15 PDT 2014

On 21/04/2014 15:51, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> 3) About reading dive log xml files. Miika and myself are trying to
> write xslt that does not require exslt. It appears Subsurface can easily
> handle irregular item definitions, that is, each line defining a xml
> sample item does not need to have exactly the same set of attributes.
> Correct. That has always been the way we did XML in Subsurface - remove
> everything that's redundant.
>
>> Currently it appears that many xml log files are written by Subsurface
>> with time, a depth, and then only attributes that indicate changes to
>> the values of these attributes. This allows the dive log only to update
>> attributes when values of parameters change, e.g. temperature or PO2.
>> But will Subsurface accept an extreme degree of unbalanced attributes?
>> The extreme case is if each xml sample item only has a time attribute
>> and one other attribute? This means that the attributes are not reported
>> regularly but only when a value, e.g. depth, presssure or PO2 has changed.
The reason I asked that question is because the attached xml creates an
unusual profile.
Looks like if depth is not explicitly specified then it makes depth zero
for that sample? But
I was not sure whether it is an artifact of the very short file, rather
than expected behaviour.
Kind regards,
willemf