GSoC projects

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Apr 22 21:22:55 PDT 2014

Hi everyone

Miika just pointed out to me that I completely forgot to announce the
accepted GSoC projects on the mailing list.

Four projects were accepted (completely insane for a first year
project):

Andrey Zhdanov
iOS Subsurface Companion Application
(mentor: Dirk)

Gehad Elrobey
Exporting HTML logbook
(mentor: Miika)

Joshua Joseph
Configuring Dive Computers Via Subsurface
(mentor: Thiago)

Venkatesh Shukla
Divecomputer downloader for Android
(mentor: Anton)

Congratulations to the students who were accepted.
We had several more really good and promising projects - but I already
feel that four projects will be pushing our limits as an organization,
so we had to draw the line somewhere. Thanks to everyone who submitted
proposals.