[trac at hohndel.org: [Subsurface-trac] [Subsurface] #671: Table print selected dives prints a blank page]

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 15:17:22 PDT 2014

On 1 August 2014 23:12, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> Lubomir, any idea?
>
> /D
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Subsurface Bug Tracking System <trac at hohndel.org> -----
>
> Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 16:54:25 -0000
> From: Subsurface Bug Tracking System <trac at hohndel.org>
> Cc: subsurface-trac at hohndel.org
> Subject: [Subsurface-trac] [Subsurface] #671: Table print selected dives prints a blank page
>
> #671: Table print selected dives prints a blank page
> -------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
>                                             Reporter:|      Owner:  tcanabrava
>   keenin                             |     Status:  new
>                                                 Type:|  Component:  Qt-UI
>   defect                             |   Keywords:  Table Print
>                                             Priority:|
>   minor                              |
>                                              Version:|
>   4.2 BETA4 (aka 4.1.93)             |
> Plattform (please give specifics in  |
>   the ticket text):  Windows         |
> -------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
> \
> \
>  Using Windows 7 "Table Print" with "print only selected dives" printing
>  less then 35 dives on 8.5" by 11" paper in Portrait the paper comes out
>  blank.  The Print preview also shows the paper as blank. 34 dives is
>  exactly one page, anything over one page prints just fine. After a little
>  bit of experimentation I believe that anything any amount of dives that
>  fits on one page or less will print blank regardless paper or orientation.
> \

trying the beta 4 win32 installer (Qt4) i can reproduce the bug that
the user describes.
with the local Qt5.2 build the bug is gone.

in general, the code does not have such "logic" to print a page or less.
based on a speculation, here is a patch that disables the vector print
for <Qt5.0 but i don't have the build setup to test it with Qt4.*
after seeing these strange offsets that i had to insert previously to
make the table vector, i really do suspect some QPicture bugs.

lubomir