[Patch] Enforce end pressure not to be above starting pressure

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Aug 2 16:06:12 PDT 2014

> Fixes #644.

I don't think this is necessarily a good idea.

You might want to change cylinder pressures (say, you noticed that you
filled them in wrong), and why wouldn't you fix the starting pressure
first - even if the corrected starting pressure might be lower than
the (still unconrrected) ending pressure?

So I think it's wrong to not allow people to make whatever pressure
changes they want.

If we then have problems with odd pressures - and they *do* actually
happen - we should fix them where the problems occur, not say "odd
things cannot happen".

For example, cylinder pressures *do* go up occasionally. I've seen
them go up not just because the cylinder warms up, but because of
crazy sensor data. The latter may not be a "real" pressure, but it is
an example of an odd cylinder pressure progression that is not fixed
by trying to not accept odd user input. So I think the whole notion of
"don't accept user input we don't like" is wrong.

            Linus