test binaries for Beta 5

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Aug 4 23:09:41 PDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 04, 2014 at 09:53:25PM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> > > Import looks like it is working but I still get the immediate "Can not create temporary file. Access is denied." error when trying to Export.

I just put three new installers up:

http://subsurface.hohndel.org/downloads/daily/subsurface-4.1.93-103-gc477f5602909-32bit-Qt4.exe
http://subsurface.hohndel.org/downloads/daily/subsurface-4.1.93-103-gc477f5602909.exe
http://subsurface.hohndel.org/downloads/daily/Subsurface-4.1.93-103-gc477f5602909.dmg

Since the last binaries came so late for Europe almost no one had tried
them (7 downloads total for all three of them combined), so I simply fixed
the bug Miika reported (plus the annoying "close is on the wrong side of
error messages" issue that I caused earlier) and created new daily builds.

What would be excellent would be to wake up tomorrow morning and get a log
of reports that people tried them and that things look sane.

We know that the 32bit/Qt4 Windows installer has printing issues - so
that's not the main goal of testing :-)

Thanks for the help. If this doesn't look terrible I'll do Beta 5
tomorrow.

Then I'll spend time on the website and all the other crud involved in
doing a release and I can get 4.2 out the door before Linus, Tomaz and I
go scuba diving next week :-)

(and make no mistake, I really, really want to get 4.2 out before then)

/D

PS: there are more than a hundred people on this list. I'm sure we can
find a handful of Windows boxes and even a few Macs to test this on,
right? Just saying...