test binaries for Beta 5

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Tue Aug 5 05:46:56 PDT 2014

On 05.08.2014, at 13:55, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:

Hi,
> Good catch. This is just a matter of changing the connect line for the gf high to editfinished instead of value changed, can somebody do that for me? Im on the dive store trying to buy my wet suit now, só I dont have a computer.

there is a technical complication (which at the moment hinders me from simply trying it out: valueChanged(int) comes with the new value while editFinished() doesn’t. So the receiver of the signal (a slot of the DivePlannerPointsModel) has to get hold of the new value. Of course I can write a getter method in PlannerSettingsWidget to return that but in the short time I have now I could not figure out how to get hold of that widget (to call its method) from the DivePlannerPointsModel.

What worries me more is that the docu of editingFinished says "This signal is emitted editing is finished. This happens when the spinbox loses focus and when enter is pressed.”

To me this sounds (I admittedly did not try) like it is _not_ emitted when only the spinners are clicked (as the focus stays on the spin box). That would be very bad since we wouldn’t have the instant update of the profile/plan.

In any case, I think the patch I sent earlier should be in place in any case since it stops subsurface becoming unresponsive when a too low value of GFhigh is entered (possibly with focus change). If Dirk does not like the new string, he should just comment out the printf to the dive notes. In that case the profile just turns red and the dive plan (which is invalid) disappears.

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
                      Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
                      http://www.atdotde.de

Enhance your privacy, use cryptography! My PGP keys have fingerprints
A9D1 A01D 13A5 31FA 6515  BB44 0820 367C 36BC 0C1D    and
DCED 37B6 251C 7861 270D  5613 95C7 9D32 9A8D 9B8F