test binaries for Beta 5" photos

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed Aug 6 10:22:17 PDT 2014

On 06/08/2014 18:50, Salvador Cuñat wrote:
> Good Afternoon.
>

> There is a weird thing on profile if the user has photos added in his
> .xml file but he is not using his usual box (no photos in this), some
> white squares are displayed where the photographs should be shown.
> Relative to this situation, may be a recomendation should be made in
> user manual: if the user shares a divelog (e.g. vía Dropbox) to access
> it from different machines, would be interesting to store the photos
> there and refer subsurface to this storage, so images could be seen on
> every machine he uses.

I suggest, leave that as is. The white dots convey information, meaning
"Photo attached which cannot be accessed now". This is useful knowledge,
meaning either "now go and attach the external drive with your photos"
or "you have inadvertently erased the directory with your photos". If
the white dots do not appear, one does not know whether the links
between photos and dive were inadvertently lost or not. If the white
dots are troublesome and in one's way, just switch off the display of
photos using the button in the profile toolbar.

Kind regards,
willem