Fwd: Re: CCR

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Thu Aug 7 01:45:41 PDT 2014

On 07/08/2014 09:59, "Paul-Erik Törrönen" wrote:

> Has the thought of supporting sidemount/CCR multiple cylinders been
> scrapped altogether? AFAIK then this would need to be addressed.
>
> Poltsi

CCR and sidemount are on the agenda. Several patches for implementing
CCR have been taken, mostly those relating to oxygen sensors and oxygen
management. Those features relating to cylinder pressures still need to
be submitted. This is very much open heart surgery because it affects
the very core of many of the crucial calculations also used for OC. At
the moment the code development is focused on the Poseidon MkVI, but it
will be expanded to other popular CCR systems.

The likely way of reading CCR dive logs will be similar to that of
importing data from other databases into Subsurface. I foresee that the
generalised import dialogue (Import->Import log files) will be used for
this. It will not support direct download from the CCR system because
libdivecomputer is unlikely to include support for such extremely
divergent protocols and interfaces.

The development for CCR halted a while because there were many other
crucial activities taking place for the release of V4.2. But after Dirk
comes back from diving I intend to push the issue strongly.

We need individuals who can help with testing the CCR infrastructure in
Subsurface. What CCR system(s) do you use? Please help!

Kind regards,
willem