test binaries for Beta 5

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 07:22:52 PDT 2014

On 7 August 2014 00:54, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 09:53:07PM +1000, Rick Walsh wrote:
>> I just played around with the latest 32 bit Windows installer,
>> subsurface-4.1.94-2-gd85d08e14f9e-32bit-Qt4. Tested English and
>> Swedish localizations on 32 bit Vista.
>>
>> A few little niggles, but nothing at all critical. Not sure if any of
>> this is related to the OS or QT4.
>>
>> Downloading dives (Hollis DG03 connected to COM4) - OK
>> Editing downloaded dive - ok but SAC not displayed in dive list when
>> cylinder data entered and dive saved (SAC is displayed in Dive Info).
>
> I cannot reproduce this. If I add a dive with no gas information and then
> add gas information, the SAC rate is correctly shown in the dive list.
> If you can reproduce this, can you please file a bug with step by step
> instructions how to replicate the result?

Reproduced with updated 32bit win binary
(subsurface-4.1.94-13-g8092c0fdcd1c-32bit-Qt4). Bug #698 filed,
including screen shots and hopefully with enough detail. Mightn't be
an easy fix if others can't reproduce it. I'm not sure if this bug is
worth losing sleep over if I'm the only one seeing it, and for 'real
use' I use Linux, where this doesn't occur. But let me know if someone
wants to get to bottom of this.

>> When selecting another dive or clicking on the profile, SAC is still
>> shown as 0 l/m in dive list, but after setting a location by
>> double-clicking on the map, SAC does show in the dive list.
>
> Very strange. BTW: the 0 l/m crap is fixed. Just pushed a commit for this.

0 l/m fix works for me (but SAC in dive list doesn't update when it should).

>> Printing (to PDFCreator) - 6 per page profile view looks good. Clear
>> graphics and text
>> Table view - font is very ugly but can be read. Tried playing with
>> printer settings but no luck. Also tried changing font in preferences
>> but this affects only the program.
>
> The combinatorics of printing are mind boggling, between the different OSs
> and Qt versions. We know that Qt4 on Windows causes some issues. But I'm
> not sure if this is what causes the issue here.
>
> Please file a bug.

I updated PDFCreator (from whatever it was last time I needed to
create a PDF on Windows - probably a few years ago) and the table
fonts look much better. I won't file a bug as the issue appears to be
in the 'printer'.

>> Printing dive plan text looks ok (fixed width font), except the word
>> körtid (runtime in Swedish) is displayed as 6 squares instead of
>> letters. Elsewhere, words with Swedish vowels å, ä and ö are printed
>> fine, as is BÜHLMANN in the disclaimer at bottom.
>
> I wonder if this is a font issue. Does this show up in the print preview?
> In the actual print on paper?
> I just tried this in Swedish (I love using a program in a UI language I
> don't speak) and the print to PDF printout indeed shows körtid.

This is still occuring for me with updated PDFCreator and latest 32bit
Windows binary. Bug 699 filed.

>> Preferences dialog - by default so large I cannot see the buttons at
>> the bottom (1280 x 800 laptop screen). Resized by dragging down top of
>> title bar.
>
> Oh. Oops. Yes, it was given a rather large fixed size for some reason.
> I just fixed that.

Looks good with updated build.

>> Swedish localization - Note I an not a native speaker and have not
>> been in Sweden for 6 years, so excuse me if what I'm reporting is
>> actually my poor Swedish skills.
>> Days of week in notes and dive list end in "en" rather than "dag".
>> E.g. freen, lören, sören instead of fredag, lördag, söndag (Friday,
>> Saturday, Sunday).
>
> Hehe, I'll leave this one to the Swedish speakers to argue about :-)

Looks good now with 3 letter abbreviations for days. Tack alla!

>> I did not try photos (none at hand) or uploading to divelogs.de (no account).
>
> Accounts are free. And there is a subsurface test account. IIRC the
> credentials are subsurfacetest / geheim

Sorry, I need sleep.